Research from across disciplines, including neuroscience and education, recognize the impact stressors have on development and learning.
This infographic includes 12 evidence-based and practical things teachers, family members, and even peers can do, when common early childhood stressors pile up!
And here are a few key resources that provide the context and research behind the strategies shared in this free Pre-K Teach & Play infographic.
- The role of toxic stress on development and learning – Harvard’s Center on the Developing Child [link]
- Toxic stress and self-regulation reports – Center for Child and Social Policy at Duke University [link]
- Strategies for teaching executive function and self-regulation skills – Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence [link]
- The YES Brain – Siegel and Bryson [link]
- Self-Reg – Shanker [link]
- Basic Needs – Hanson [link]
BONUS: Also includes a version of the infographic without reference to ECE for those who work with older students.