The Calm the Chaos at Home Series was created by Barbara Avila, MS, RDI and Kristie Pretti-Frontczak, Ph.D. The series is designed for parents and those who support families in the role of home visitor, parent educator, early education teacher, and/or therapist.
The series have been specially designed for parents to watch on their own, or along side other loving and supportive adults. The series will help everyone gain the skills needed to address some of the most challenging behaviors we see in early childhood.
Within the Calm the Chaos at Home package, you will receive six training videos, with over 100 minutes of tips and techniques you can apply immediately to address some of the most challenging child behaviors. Each of these resources is also sold separately (see links below).
- Biting Brophy [17:43] (link to buy individually)
- Drop to the floor Daniel [15:25] (link to buy individually)
- Impulsive Ian [15:15] (link to buy individually)
- Refusal Ryo [18:34] (link to buy individually)
- Screaming Sonya [17:59] (link to buy individually)
- Swearing Sheng [16:16] (link to buy individually)
Each video in the series helps you gain a better understanding of how to “teach before the peak“, “calm the storm of emotions“, and “stay on the blue train of regulation“.
And again, the video tutorials help with the home-school-connection. Meaning, early educators, child-care providers, and other loving adults can learn along to apply the same strategies and techniques. This is important, because we all know, when the same techniques are used with consistency, children feel safe and are able to thrive.
WHAT YOU GET
By buying all six video tutorials in this package, you save almost $25 rather than buying each tutorial separately!
In the package, each video in the series helps parents gain a better understanding of how to decrease behaviors through specific guidance that really works. Specific topics covered are: how to “teach before the peak“, “calm the storm of emotions“, and how to guide a child to “stay on the blue train of regulation“ rather than going off the rails.
- The 6 videos contain specific tips and strategies for responding to challenging behaviors
- The package also includes optional worksheets with guiding questions. These worksheet are designed to help guide a parent or group through the concepts presented in the video tutorial. The worksheets also help parents create specific goals for the future.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Once you checkout, you will receive a receipt. The receipt will come from Kristie@Kristiepf.com. Please check your spam and promotion folders if you don’t see the message immediately.
The e-mailed receipt gives you access to the six videos and their associated optional worksheets. All you need to do is click on the hyperlinks found within the receipt. Each hyperlink is labeled by the challenging behavior addressed, and again, the hyperlinked file in the receipt has the link to the video embedded.