The glossary contains 32 attributes or features that are an inherent part of each of us. Characteristics which underlie our social-emotional intelligence. The glossary, itself, provides both a common language and a simple approach to understanding and supporting the growth and development of all children.
When you download, you will receive:
- Single sheet glossary with all 32 attributes defined
- Digital version of the glossary for use on mobile devices
- Translated versions of the Essence Glossary™
If you want to explore and learn more, I invite you visit our main Essence Glossary site at http://essenceglossary.com and read this blog post:
• 32 Essential Life Skills That You’ll Never Be Required To Test… [blog]
Watch this video to learn more about the “real” common core!
Here are a few ideas of how others are incorporating the “real common core” into their practice.
- Put 2-3 attributes into your lesson plans to document how to intentionally teach the whole child.
- Pick an attribute a week, and together with co-workers, intentionally model the attributes, particularly when working with very young children.
- Augment assessment practices by documenting children’s performance across attributes.
- Select a different attribute as the “word of the week” and intentionally teach word meaning and word use.
- Create an “I spy jar” with objects that represents the attributes and allow the children to take the jars home.
- Discuss the importance of modeling the attributes as part of your school/agency’s newsletter and efforts to link to the broader community.